ANPF provides the leadership, innovation and education required for NPs to meet the demands of providing health care in today’s global community. ANPF seeks to prepare the next generation of NP leaders through educational support and the support of innovative, original, practice-based research by NPs.
Since its inception, ANPF has provided over $1 million in scholarships & grants to nurse practitioners and has helped over 500 highly-qualified NPs to enter the field, providing an immediate impact to patient populations.
In the 2012 Funding Cycle, ANPF made available $50,000 to MSN-NP, NP and Doctoral student scholarship and $51,000 for practicing and student NP project and research grants.
The ANPF Scholarship & Grant Program
The ANPF Scholarship & Grant Program
THANKS TO ALL APPLICANTS!
A big thank you to all of the 2013 ANPF Scholarship and Grant applicants! We had a record number of submissions this year and look forward to sharing results later this year. Winners will be notified via email by December 23, 2013 and awards will be received by December 31, 2013.
Do you have an idea for future research projects? Please submit your ideas to Laura Slayton.
Please be sure to use the Helpful Hints/FAQ tab on this page, to facilitate the application process. The links above each provide the chance to register with a username and password and to apply for funding.
Sign up for our newsletter to receive announcements and information about how you can apply to receive educational assistance in the form of scholarships, or and support for innovative, practice-based research through our available grant offerings.
For more information about the 2013 Funding Cycle, please contact Laura Slayton.
The ANPF Scholarship & Grant Program offered $101,000 during the 2012 Funding Cycle:
$50,000 in MSN-NP, NP and Doctoral student scholarship and $51,000 in practicing and student NP project and research grants.
This generous amount of funding was made possible by the 2012 ANPF Scholarship & Grant Sponsors.
Bristol Meyers Squibb
Egg Nutrition Center
Eli Lily and Company
Matrix Medical Network
Med Job Cafe
Take Care Health
United Soybean Board
The 2012 Funding Cycle
awarded 16 scholarships and 7 project and research grants.
AANP Foundation MSN-NP Student Scholarships – $2,500
Vanessa Aspericueta, RN, MSN, of Western University of Health Sciences, Walnut Creek, CA
Jennifer Li-chai Chang, BA, BSN, RN, of Emory University, Stone Mountain, GA
Delia Garcia, RN, BSN, CPN, CMC of Texas Tech University-Health Sciences Center, Pasadena, TX
Jaime Guy, BSN, RN of Duke University School of Nursing, Durham, NC
Caitlin O’Connell, CPNP of Northeastern University, Bouve College of Health Sciences, Brookline, MA
Francesca Perrone, RN of Columbia School of Nursing, New York, NY
Teri Ann Sweginnis, RN of Northern Arizona University, Prescott, AZ
Medic Alert MSN-NP Student Scholarship – $3,500
Benjamin Cochran, RN, MA, Student of Pittsburg State University, Pittsburg, KS
Diana Joy Elwell, RN, BSN of Loyola University, White Plains, NY
Endo MSN-NP Student Scholarship – $5,000
Naomi Torres, RN of Long Island University, Brooklyn, NY
Post-MS NP Scholarship
AANP Foundation Post MSN-NP Student Scholarship –$3,000
Julie Dale, MSN, RN, CEN of University of Missouri, St. Louis, MO
AANP Foundation Doctoral Student Scholarships – $2,500
Suzanne Alton, RN, MSN, FNP-BC of University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL
Robin Arends, MS, CNP of South Dakota State University, Brookings, SD
Summer Cross, RN, BSN of University of Missouri-Kansas City, Kansas City, MO
Robin Hills, MS, WHNP-BC, RN, CNE, of University of Virginia, Glen Allen, VA
Hannah Pressler, MHS, PNP-BC of Simmons College, School of Nursing and Health Sciences, Boston, MA
Project and Research Grants
Abbott Nutrition Grant – $4,000
Monica Alleman, BSN, MSN, APRN of Austin, TX
Project Name: “Innovative Strategies to Reduce Pediatric Obesity”
Amgen Research Grant – $6,000
Renee Endicott, RN, MSN, FNP-BC of Harrisonville, MO
Project Name: “Knowledge, Health Beliefs, and Self-Efficacy Regarding Osteoporosis in Perimenopausal Women”
Egg Nutrition Council NP Research Grant – $9,000
Michele Bunker-Alberts, MSN,CFNP, IBCLC of Oakland, CA
Project Name: “Phase Two: Bite to Balance Project: An Innovative and effective intervention designed to reduce childhood obesity in the pediatric patient population served by the Alameda Medical Center”
AANP Foundation Fellows Giving Circle “Changing Healthcare One Face At a Time” Grant –$5,000
Kate G. Sheppard, Ph.D., RN,FNP, PMHNP-BC, FAANP of Tuscon, AZ
Project Name: “Incorporating Compassion Fatigue into Nurse Practioner Curriculum”
Truvia 2012 NP Research Grant–$8,000
Janette Bowers, RN, MSN, FNP-BC of Hudson, IN
Project Name: “Preventative Health Strategies for At-Risk Youth in Rural Northeastern Indiana: Targeting at-risk youth in two rural counties, working with them to develop healthy lifestyle behaviors”
The ANPF Scholarship & Grant Program offered $147,500 during the 2011 Funding Cycle:
$81,500 in MSN-NP, NP and Doctoral student scholarship and $66,000 in practicing and student NP project and research grants.
This generous amount of funding was made possible by the 2011 ANPF Scholarship & Grant Sponsors.
AANP Research & Education Department
Central Texas Nurse Practitioners
Egg Nutrition Center
Robert & Blanche Glazier
Johnson & Johnson
Take Care Health
United Soybean Board
Scholarship winner Vanessa Richards, studying at Columbia University, shares why her scholarship gave her a financial and psychological boost.
2011 Scholarship & Grant Recipients
American Academy of Nurse Practitioners 2011 Doctoral Scholarship, $3000
Hermien Creger, MSN, ARNP, CNN-NP, CCTN of Des Moines, IA – University of Alabama
Jill MacPherson, MSN, RN, FNP-BC, AOCNP of Canyon Lake, TX – University of Alabama
AANP Foundation 2011 Doctoral Student Scholarship, $2000
Amanda Perry, MSN, RN, NP-C, CEN of Crosby, MS – University of Alabama
Deborah Gray, MSN, FNP-C, ANP-BC of Virginia Beach, VA – Old Dominion University
Jenna Thureen, RN, BAN of Omaha, NE – Creighton University
Lutricia Harrison, RN, MSN, FNP-BC of Houston, TX – University of Alabama
Stephanie Brown, MSN, APRN, FNP-C of Houston,TX – University of Alabama
Tawnya Madl, APRN-C of Neodesha, KS – University of Phoenix
AANP Foundation 2011 NP Student Scholarship, $3000
Heather Nixon, MSN, APRN, BC of Carmel, IN – Indiana University School of Nursing
AANP Foundation 2011 NP Student Scholarship, $2000
Althea Swett, RN of Mills, MA – MGH Institute of Health Professions
Anne Dunne, RN of Albuquerque, NM – Indiana University School of Nursing
Erin M. Marinchak, RN, BSN, CCRN of Pottsville, PA – York College of Pennsylvania
Francesca Stracke, RN, BSN, CHPN of Puyallup, WA – Pacific Lutheran University
Helen R. Masters, RN, BSN of Marion, AR – Arkansas State University, Jonesboro
Vanessa Richards of New York, NY – Columbia University
Johnson & Johnson 2011 NP Doctoral Student Scholarship, $3500
Andrew James White, BSN, RN of San Diego, CA – University of San Diego
Annie Rohan of Stony Brook, NY – Columbia University
Helene Poulos Edmo, MSN, NP-C of Pocatello, ID – University of Utah College of Nursing
Jennifer Leigh Johnson, WHNP-BC, MSN, RN of Evergreen, NC – University of Alabama
Linda Shin Milhoan, MN, ANP-BC of Seattle, WA – University of Massachusetts, Boston
Megan Lemley, RN, BSN, MSN, FNP-C of Dallas, TX – Baylor University, Waco
Nancy K. Durham, MSN, APRN, C-FNP, CDE, of Inman, SC – Medical University of South Carolina
Johnson & Johnson 2011 NP Student Scholarship, $3500
Deborah M. Jeffery, RN of High Ridge, MO – University of Missouri
Fang Yu, RN, FNP of Peachtree City, GA – Frontier School of Midwifery and Family Nursing
Jeffrie L. Duberville, RN, BSN of Sulpher, LA – University of South Alabama
Judith Lynn (Penny) Kirkpatrick, ARNP-C, MSN, AOCN of Pensacola, FL – University of South Alabama
Maureen M. Daigler-Kluge, RN, BSN of Rochester, NY – St. John Fisher College
Nanette M. Fitzgerald, RNC, BS, IBCLC of Rapid City, SD – South Dakota State University
Project and Research Grants
AANP Research & Education 2011 NP Research Grant, $4000
Miranda Meunier, GNP-BC, of Billings, MT – Billings Clinic Primary Care
Fellows of AANP 2011 Giving Circle Humanitarian Award, $5000
Joyce Pulcini, PhD, RN, PNP-BC, FAAN, FAANP of Lexington, MA –
Boston College, William F. Connell School of Nursing
General Mills 2011 NP Research Grant, $5000
Kathleen Ahonen, MSN, WHNP of Temperance, MI – Polly Fox Academy, Toledo
Merck 2011 NP Research Grant, $10,000
Anne Teitelman, PhD, FNP-BC, FAANP, FAAN of Philadelphia, PA – Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Helen O. Dickens Clinic for Women’s Health
Nature Made 2011 NP Nutrition Grant, $6000
Eden Garber, NP-C, MSN, RN of Washington, DC – Unity Healthcare
Novo Nordisk 2011 Changing Diabetes Grant, $10,000
Patricia Underwood, PhD, FNP-BC, RN of Lynnfield, MA – Brigham & Women’s Hospital, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes & Hypertension
sanofi-aventis 2011 NP Research Grant, $4000
Susan J. Appel, PhD, ACNP-BC, FNP-BC, CCRN, FAHA of Hoover, AL – Capstone Rural Health Clinic
Please read this Information BEFORE Preparing Your Application Materials!
- The American Nurse Practitioner Foundation (ANPF) is an independently incorporated 501(c)(3) non‐profit organization.
- The ANPF Scholarship & Grant Program is available to all nurse practitioners.
- Submitted application materials cannot be faxed or emailed; they must be submitted on‐line on the ANPF website provided below.
- Link For Scholarship applications: https://anp-scholarships.myreviewroom.com/
- Link For Grant applications: https://anp-grants.myreviewroom.com/
- Read all Scholarship Eligibility Requirements- 2013 thoroughly before preparing and submitting your application materials.
- Read all 2013 Grants details and eligibility form_2013 and grant outline instructions thoroughly before preparing and submitting your application materials.
- If you do not understand any of the eligibility requirements, contact ANPF for clarification.
- Application instructions change from funding cycle to funding cycle. Follow all scholarship and grant instructions, as provided by ANPF for the 2013 Funding Cycle.
- Fill out the on-line application completely and correctly. Omitting information and/or providing inaccurate information will result in your application not being forwarded for review and considered for an award.
- Scholarships require OFFICIAL transcripts from your most current educational program. For your application to be considered complete, transcripts must be received in the ANPF office in Austin, Texas on or before the application deadline date. If your transcripts arrive after the application deadline date, or if they are not in a sealed envelope provided by your university, your application will not be considered complete. It will not be forwarded to review or considered for an award.
- Provide your most up‐to‐date transcripts. Do not provide transcripts that are missing your most recently completed courses. You do not need to submit undergraduate transcripts, unless you have been accepted into an alternative NP student program and this is the most current transcript available.
- Selection of scholarship and grant award recipients is competitive. Treat your scholarship or grant application as if you are applying for a job. You want to make the best impression possible. Scholarship and grant funds are to be used as specified (i.e., if it is stated that scholarship funds are to be used exclusively for tuition and textbooks, then the scholarship funds are not to be used to pay for a new computer, travel, vacations, professional memberships, conference registrations, review courses, etc.)
- Deadline extensions are not granted.
- Scholarship award checks are made out to the individual scholarship award recipient.
- Scholarship award checks are not made out to the educational institution attended by the award recipient.
- ANPF strives to ensure that each scholarship and grant applicant and application submission is treated fairly and without discrimination. To uphold this important policy, every application submission is treated the same way. All eligibility requirements, application instructions, and deadline dates are strictly adhered to with no exceptions.
- If you have any questions while preparing your application materials, please contact ANPF.